Business Process Error

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Hi folks

I'm getting an error when trying to add a new counter configuration to my Org.
I have restarted IIS, same issue.
We're running ADFS + IFD on this instance.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 On-Premise - 8.1.0.359 (DB 8.1.0.359)
I had the same issue with AutoNumber by xbitz and thought to give this one a try.
Any idea what's causing this?

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Full Error
Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Unexpected exception from plug-in (Execute): CRM2015_Plugin_AutoNumber.CounterPlugin: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.Detail: 
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
  <ErrorCode>-2147220956</ErrorCode>
  <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
  <Message>Unexpected exception from plug-in (Execute): CRM2015_Plugin_AutoNumber.CounterPlugin: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.</Message>
  <Timestamp>2016-12-13T12:33:07.0958657Z</Timestamp>
  <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
  <TraceText>

[CRM2015_Plugin.AutoNumber: CRM2015_Plugin_AutoNumber.CounterPlugin]
[a4b5b085-708d-e511-8126-00155d025c08: CounterPlugin: Create of au_counterconfiguration]


</TraceText>
</OrganizationServiceFault>
Dec 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM
I'm not sure what's going on in our multi-server environment (1x FE, 1x BE, 1xSQL, 1xSSRS), but I changed the plugin isolation to execute under None (was Sandbox) and now it works.
Marked as answer by riaandelange on 12/13/2016 at 10:59 AM